About Me

My photo
Marburg, Hesse, Germany
My name is Georgie Doherty. I am a student at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, studying abroad in Marburg, Germany. Here is where I will share my photos, experiences, thoughts, stories and tips for anyone planning to study abroad as I muddle my own way through.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Wehrda + Mein Zimmer

In Marburg, I live in a Studentwohnheim (student dorm) in a lovely village called Wehrda. There are three buildings - 13, 15, 17 - in which most of the IUSP students live. I, personally, live on first floor 15. In Wehrda live many exchange and ERASMUS students, and in ratio not very many German students.

                         This is what the outside of the Wehrda Studentwohnheim buildings look like.

Inside, there is a kitchen on every floor, along with a bathroom and a shower for both sides of the floor (one bathroom/shower per around 10 students). There are two washing machines and a dryer in the basement for the whole building to use. The rooms are nicely sized - roughly smaller than dorm rooms at an American university, but for one person instead of two.








The room even has a nice big closet and a sink, with medicine cabinet. The sink has been a very nice luxury.
All-in-all, not too shabby.

Outside, there is a nice bonfire area. My friends and I have put it to good use, it's a great hang-out spot.



=

No comments:

Post a Comment